Other Places Nearby
- St Augustine’s Cross – near Cliffsend (English Heritage, free)
- Minster Abbey – the chapel is always open, and it is possible to book tours in advance
- St Mary’s Church, Minster – an imposing church, once on the sea shore! The church is open daily throughout the year – usually 9am-5pm. There are guided tours on most Saturdays, 12pm and 2pm and by arrangement (please call 07958 813577).
- Fordwich Church – see the “Fordwich Stone”, believed to be part of St Augustine’s tomb.
- The Canterbury World Heritage Site comprising St Martin’s Church, St Augustine’s Abbey (English Heritage), and Canterbury Cathedral.
- Eastbridge Hospital, Canterbury – medieval pilgrim accommodation, now a museum and almshouses