- This event has passed.
September 7, 2019 @ 8:00 am - September 14, 2019 @ 9:30 pm
The annual week of events to celebrate architect of Big Ben, Augustus Pugin, at the National Pugin Centre Ramsgate.
- Boat trip to the Goodwin Sands – where Pugin used to rescue shipwrecked sailors and salvage cargo from their ships.
- Local Pugin scholar and co-founder of the Pugin Society, Catriona Blaker, talking about Herbert Minton, designer of the encaustic tiles in St Augustine’s and the Houses of Parliament.
- Musical events include:-
- Faure’s Requiem from scratch (all welcome to sing), Saturday 14th.
- Learn Gregorian Chant.
- Unveiling of the replica of the Pugin Altar frontal from the Jesuit Church in Farm Street with drinks reception and music.
- Talk about the “Anglican Pugin” (R.H. Carpenter) and his greatest work, the Chapel of Lancing College.
- Walk from Canterbury to Ramsgate, Saturday 7th.